We asked the students at Koo Wee Rup Primary School (P – Yr 6) their thoughts:
- We found out that caring families don’t hit or yell; they do say I love you and help each other think of positive things when they are feeling down.
- When someone asks you over, you have to check with your mum and dad. They won’t let you go if they don’t know them.
- Mum and Dad say; I love you.
- Caring families don’t hit each other, it leads to pain and it’s a disgrace.
- If I am sad, my family helps me think of the positive side.
- Caring families love you so much.
- Family tells you that you are amazing and that they love you so much.
- I thank my mum for being the best mum.
- Motherly love (via text)
- My dog is my friend, she is always happy to see me.
- My dad helps me build a cubby house in the backyard every weekend
- I help my little sister get ready for school
- It’s really important to be caring in your family and friends
- Just be a nice person
- We go to the park together (family)
- Eating dinner together
Go to What are caring communities like?